Sunday 17 August 2014

Look beyond the obvious

Following a challenging week I needed to push myself to do something today. Train to Sheffield and decided to see what I could capture with a macro lens. I was looking beyond the big picture, beyond what was obvious. Texture and colour featured heavily. There was so much around. This could easily be done as a project with a class. Get them to fill the frame with a particular colour or a series of textures.



The textures shots make great collages - I did these using the app 'Modiv' - it literally only takes a couple of minutes. The textures on their own make good backgrounds for quotes - using apps such as 'Over'

Having said that I couldn't resist a few shots of  this abandoned area!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - your comment will be visible after moderation Jane