Friday 8 June 2012

YOYO Questions

I've been working with various groups of students on developing their questioning skills. I've tried the 'Pose, Pause, Pounce Bounce' technique with my yr 10's and 11s - this works really well. I do however, have a special needs English group and was looking for a way to simplify this.I'm looking at the idea of YOYO questions - You, other, you other, in the hope that we can start to bounce ideas around the room. If I ask you a question, you will answer me and then choose another student to see if they agree with you. You can respond and then choose another pupil to say who they agree with and why. That pupil will then answer the next question and the YOYO process will start again.
If you look at the games/tricks techniques used with a yoyo (sign of my age!) around the world etc - I'm sure that these can be developed into classroom questioning strategies.
What do you think? Any ideas you want to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - your comment will be visible after moderation Jane