Sunday 17 June 2012

'Tread softly...'

A personal post today as this is always a difficult time of year for me. Sometimes things happen that change you for ever. My eldest son would have been 25 on Tuesday but died when he was only 8 weeks old. I often say to people who have lost someone 'You never get over it, you just learn how to live with it', most of the time that's true but sometimes it's just hard to live with! I am blessed I have a wonderful younger son who knows he had a much loved brother, he would often confuse people when he was younger by putting on his coat and saying he was 'going to heaven to see Matthew', if only we could. The quote is one that stays with me 'Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams' because I remember reading about someone in a similar situation who said he didn't believe in gravestones but if he did that's what he would put. I often wonder what Matthew would have been like, what his character would have been - how much potential every one person has. He changed my life, made me stronger in lots of ways, happy birthday sweetheart! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - your comment will be visible after moderation Jane